It’s that time of year to shop for friends and family. It’s also that time of year to update our winter wardrobes and acquire party attire for ourselves. We could go to the mall, but it would be a lot more fun to shop the local Fayetteville boutiques. At these local boutiques you’ll get personalized service. These shop owners will help you decide which outfit is more flattering, which accessory compliments the neck line of the dress, and what style of shoe coordinates best with the length of your skirt. Get on their mailing list or follow them on social media to be informed of special sales throughout the year.
Here are my top 1o clothing boutiques in Fayetteville, Arkansas, in no particular order. If you don’t read the entire post, just read #5. You’ll be glad you did.
1. The Pink Pig is Arkansas’ only boutique that carries Lilly Pulitzer. For a vibrant shopping experience visit this new shop in Fayetteville where you’ll find colorful apparel and gifts. I have a feeling you won’t leave without the versatile Allie packable vest and many new ideas for ways to wear it.
2. Gatsby’s is a new boutique right off of Dickson Street between Waffle House and the parking garage. Nicole and Nadia have a wide variety of sizes and styles for the college girls and the mature woman. They carry apparel in bright, beautiful colors that will stand out in any crowd. The photo at the top of this post was taken in their store if you want a sneak peek at what they have to offer.
3. Wit & Whimsy is one of my favorite stores because they carry Kenzie apparel, which I find to be a comfortable option for a casual, professional look. They also offers unique gift items and sleek, inexpensive accessories. I especially enjoy shopping in this quaint, historic house that they turned into a store.
4. By Request carries many luxury brands that can’t be found anywhere else in Fayetteville. I’d describe By Request as a great combination of trendy and classic. You can find casual clothes as well as formal attire. And if you’re looking for Kendra Scott jewelry, this is your place.
5. I am most excited about Fox Trot, Fayetteville’s newest boutique for women’s apparel. Carly Rae Overbey opened this shop about 2 months ago and also offers personal styling services. She carries many brands you might be familiar with if you are an Anthropologie fan. She introduced me to a few comfortable, colorful, yet professional lines that I fell in love with instantly. Carly has a degree in Fiber Arts and Textiles, a background as a buyer for an upscale catalog company, and experience developing accessories for Walmart. When you walk into her store, you can tell this girl is hardworking and knows what she’s doing. She’s about to make an impact on fashion in Fayetteville. To top it off, Carly’s enthusiasm is contagious and her kindness is genuine. You will enjoy every minute of your shopping trip to Fox Trot.
6. Riff Raff is a sorority girl’s favorite store. If you need game day gear this is a great place to go. They also have adorable every day wear, party attire, jewelry and a great selection of gifts.
7. Savoir Faire is your place to go for party attire this holiday season. Check out the “Party Shop” on their website and visit their store for eclectic apparel and gifts for the clothes horse on your gift list.
8. Lola is the top of the line clothing store here in Fayetteville. They carry clothing with high price tags for those moments when only the best will do. You’ll walk out of this store looking like the model in a magazine.
9. Beautiful Lives Boutique is a women’s thrift store and upscale boutique in a quaint little house on College. Beautiful Lives raises money to “restore the bodies, minds and souls of women rescued out of domestic violence and sex trafficking through dance, meals and Jesus.” Who wouldn’t want to help out this cause either by buying their goods or donating the clothes you no longer wear?
10. Mason’s is a long time Fayetteville favorite. They specialize in trendy styles and high end denim. No matter what occasion you’re shopping for, you can find something great at Mason’s. Mason’s is a one stop shop offering clothing, shoes and jewelry to complete your look.
If you live in Northwest Arkansas, I hope you were reminded of some local boutiques for women’s apparel and I hope you decide to shop local to support our community. If you have any other favorite clothing boutiques in Fayetteville, comment on this post and let everyone know. We’d love to hear about them! If you’re visiting, hopefully we’ve helped you plan a shopping day. If you’re relocating to NWArk, I hope this post gave you a glimpse of our area. It’s a great place to live!