If you are looking for the most perfect wedding cake or unique-themed cakes or cupcakes for any special occasion then you are going to be hard-pressed to make up your mind from these six amazing cake shops in NWA. All of our cake bakeries in NWA are award-winning and they also have some TV celebrity bakers!
1. Jennifer Matsubara of Shelby Lynn’s Cake Shoppe in Springdale has competed in Food Network’s Challenge and won many awards and honors. Her creations have adorned many brides cake tables and also corporate and community celebrations as well as those sweet life celebrations with family and friends.
2. Bliss Cupcake Cafe in Fayetteville has bakers that competed last year on Food Network Cupcake Wars. Bliss now has two locations in Fayetteville and one in Rogers by the Pinnacle Promenade Mall. They are famous for their Razorback Red Velvet and Chocolate Milkshake cupcakes. My favorite is the Gluten Free Butterfinger cupcake. The new trend is tiers of wedding cupcakes. Bliss will put a very unique touch into making wedding cupcakes sparkle and shine to perfection!
3. Close to the U of A campus and near downtown Fayetteville is a little shop located in an obscure corner of an old shopping center. Chuck’s Cake Shoppe has been family owned and operated for several generations. Chuck’s has served so many sorority party events and bridal showers over the years they can no longer be counted. They have the very best petit fours in the world. And another well-kept secret as well… Doberge cakes. I know for a fact that U of A Athletic Director Jeff Long frequents the shop for their amazing doberge cakes. I can also tell you that their doberge cakes are in fact the most delicious you will ever taste outside the state of Louisiana. There’s usually always one in the display case. Go rescue it for your next dinner party for dessert. You will be a very popular host. Unfortunately, Chuck’s doesn’t have a website, but fortunately we’re here to tell you about them. You can find Chuck’s at 407 College Avenue in Fayetteville and you can call them at 479.442.2253. [definition- doberge, pronounced dough-bash, is six layers of homemade butter cake filled with chocolate custard, frosted with chocolate buttercream, and glazed with chocolate ganache. The cake originated in New Orleans. Decadent and rich define it best!]
4. I don’t think there could be a person in NWA that has not tasted something from Rick’s Bakery in Fayetteville. Every office has had a box of donuts, muffins or sausage rolls brought by some co-worker for the break room. Folks tailgating for the U of A ball games pick up trays of special “HAWG” cookies and cupcakes to celebrate the Razorbacks each weekend. I’m guessing just about every household in NWA has at some time or another eaten or ordered that special “themed” cake or cupcakes for a birthday, anniversary, bachelorette party or gender reveal baby shower! I have seen some themes that go beyond imagination.
5. Bentonville has a really sweet place in Sweet D’z Express Bakery. Don’t let the name fool you. You can grab a sweet treat at the express counter or place custom order cakes that will come back looking nothing like it came out of the express lane! Beautiful artistry in every cake will make your special occasion even more special. They have these amazing cinnamon rolls. The rolls are kind of indescribable in their sweetness and gooeyness. You can also pick up some really tasty treats in their gluten-free area of the bakery.
6. A smaller, less known bakery in Northwest Arkansas is WOW Bakery. James McGhee is our best kept secret. If you visit his website you just might see a couple of cake pictures taken by me. One has my baby girl in it. James made a Little Red Riding Hood cake for her birthday a couple of years ago. He also made an End of the Year cake for my oldest daughter’s last day of school. Not only did these cakes look like something you’d find on Pinterest, but they were absolutely delicious too. They were so beautiful it was almost too painful to slice into them.
If you are relocating to NWA I hope this post helps you familiarize yourself with our area. If you live in NWArk, I hope to have informed you of more options in cake shopping. We are fortunate to have such great bakeries in Northwest Arkansas! I’d love to see what these amazing bakeries have created for you. Post a picture on Instagram or Facebook and tag me in the post.